Why then did Prince make this claim? Because he wants to sell you on tithing. He wants your money. Let me first deal with the absurdity of an antinomianism preacher insisting on tithing. Prince is greasy grace. He does not think the law belongs in the life of any believer, except apparently for tithing! This inherent contradiction is how you know he is false. His entire theology is based upon eliminating the law and living by grace but he ties the yoke of tithing around your neck when talking out of the other side of his mouth! Money cannot be sanctified nor does it need to be. It certainly will not be any cleaner because you gave a cut to a notorious false teacher like Joseph Prince.
Now that he has set the trap, he provides the bait, which is good old-fashioned guilt. He plays to the desperation of most people's lives. Do you have financial hardships? Who doesn't? Are things happening that you can't explain? Can we get any vaguer? Is the devourer devouring gets thrown in for a sense of piety but Prince has already baited the trap by asking questions that 90% of people would answer yes to and then "suggests" it may be because of tithing. How evil and insidious. Then he tries to back off his part in presenting this false teaching. It is not a commandment -- you have to be able to receive it. This leaves the listener with two choices -- they either receive it and tithe or they are not as spiritual as they had thought. Once again, pure evil. No one is asking for money? You are! You even then pretend to have the authority to ask for the money because you do not draw a salary from the church!
Now, let me address this as well. It is commendable that Prince, like Joel Osteen, draw no salary but the reason why is they are already multi-millionaires and that was generated out of the same wallets that he is demanding tithe. People like Prince and Osteen make their money from the sales of their books but who do you think buys their books? What a sham. Prince still benefits infinitely from the tithes his church draws because it is the church that is his platform for legitimacy and relevance to able to sell his wares to begin with! Now Prince really tosses the bile out the window:
"It is something called royalty among common people. And yet you know He is not someone who is servile. He is someone regal when you're in His presence. That's what God wants from His people. The smell of heaven and royalty. Even though you are humble you're not servile. You're humble but there is a regal princess quality about you. This is what God wants from His people. You are a royal priesthood." -- Joseph Prince
Jesus Christ was not servile? My bible says He was like a lamb led to slaughter yet He would not open his mouth. My bible says He washed His disciples' feet. God wants us to smell like heaven and royalty? Seriously? You knew you were with someone regal when in His presence? My bible says that He had no form of majesty! What Joseph Prince is trying to do here is scratch your itching ears while he picks your pocket. To get there he had to completely reinvent Jesus. The bible implores us to be humble and yes even servile. Our royalty comes from Him and our priesthood comes from the Gospel we must preach. It has nothing to do with earthly treasures. Mercifully, the video ends:
"So Romans 11:16 says if the first 10% is holy, guess what happens to the other 90%? It becomes holy. If I was God it would 90%! You live off the ten. Yet people complain about the 10! Listen, if you don't want to give, don't. This is for those with revelation. So He only asks for 10 percent and if the 10 is holy then the 90 % is holy and the devil can't touch what is holy." -- Joseph Prince
It comes as no surprise that Romans 11:16 says no such thing. Having laid out the false narrative background about wealth transfers, Prince laid the trap on tithing and baited it with guilt. Now he closes the deal. He reiterates the "only 10%" mantra. He closes with yet another insidious lie. That by tithing you ensure none of your money is dirty. He is promising that the devil can't touch your money if you just pay him first, right.
Beloved, Joseph prince is a wolf of the highest order devouring the sheep of the Lord. Yes he is slick and difficult at times to discern but we must approach him with an open bible and warn those who are leaning into his teachings because I can tell you that no one is harder preach the truth to than a Prince adherent. As for this nonsense, there is no great wealth transfer coming. Sorry but if you plunder the Egyptians today, you will probably be arrested for it. Prince plays to the Christian ego again by saying only people with revelation would understand this message. I have a revelation beloved. Joseph Prince should be marked and avoided because his destruction has been set from long ago.